DO NOT try this video at home without FIRST talking to your parents, your school official or local police. Video courtesy of thewaytohappiness.org
The Healthy Environment Chart is a simple K-12 language arts activity that uses synonyms and antonyms to help people identify and understand the difference between bullying behavior and healthy respectful behavior.
- Pass out the chart leaving the left side as it is shown in the example below, on the right side leave only the heading ‘Respectful Behavior’.
- On the right side, have students fill in as many antonyms they can find for the word on the left.
- On the left side, have students fill in as many synonyms they can find for the word on the left, write these next to the existing word.
Bullying has many forms, many faces and can be found in any walk of life, it has one commonality – it is abuse with the intent to cause harm. Bullying and cruelty are learned behavior – so is kindness and compassion.
Healthy Environment Chart
Download a PDF of our ‘Healthy Environment / Bully Prevention Identification Chart Healthy Environment / Bully Prevention Identification Chart
Who’s doing what about bullying? AND What can you do about bullying?
- Eyes on Bullying, a toolkit for parents and children to prevent bullying
- Kids Against Bullying an interactive site for kids by kids to raise awareness of and prevent bullying
- Stop Bullying Now by the US Health & Human Services Dept. Videos, cartoons and games building awareness and prevention of bullying
- National Bullying Helpline UK addresses bullying in all corners
- Workplace Bullying Institute initiated the Healthy Workplace Bill, a campaign against bullying
- Workplace Bullying Coalition compiling international resources to build awareness of and prevent bullying
- Bully OnLine an extensive resource in the UK